Thursday, August 27, 2009

I hate to say it...but Im infected...

With the SHUTTERBUG! As some of you know, I have a new love...Photography. 'Cause, well, making custom jewelry, digital scrapbooking and all my other asstd. hobbies just werent enough. What can I say? Im a dabbler. I dabble here and I dabble there. I dabble to keep my creative brain from atrophying! It freezes up easily so I must have alternate sources of inspiration to keep it in motion. I love these following two photos. They are a couple of my first real efforts. And what a shocker, they're of HORSES. Yes, I love horses. Ive had horses my whole life and they are just part of my make-up. What can I say...its a sickness, but a good one.


What else do I love? Photoshop! Photoshop Elements, Photoshop CS4, anything Photoshop! Thanks to my buddy Bec, Im addicted. Thanks Bec. Thanks alot... :-) With these programs, the possibilities are endless! My poor little pea-brain frequently finds itself spinning out of control just trying to decide what to do next. But ahh...its a good ride.

To this end I have spent many many hours online hitting different blogs and websites, educating myself on Digital Arts, all the Photoshop programs, exploring other peoples techniques and Im here to tell you, if you cant find it on the web...its not out there.
In my wanderings I have come across many really really great sites that are extremely useful, entertaining and inspiring. I'll be sharing them with you periodically but the one I want to start with is by far one of my favorites. Its The Pioneer Woman, a.k.a. - Ree Drummond. She is da'bomb! And an incredible inspiration, great photographer, writer, you name it, she does it. You gotta check her out. On her site, she covers all the bases. There's her section called Confessions (you'll laugh you tush off). She also has Cooking (makes me wanna actually turn on my stove...well, almost!), Photography (great tips, equipment info, ideas, you name it) and she has The Tasty Kitchen, a completely separate site you can get to from her page as well. Again... it ALMOST makes me want to put on my apron - if I had one- and make a real-life, no microwave, no pre-prepped meal! What is going on here? I'm almost scarin' myself a little. I do plan on really truly trying some of her recipes if for no other reason than to see if I can photograph it step by step as well as she does! Did I mention she hosts all these fun little contests too? Where does she find the time?
Well, I'm off to another project, i.e., my photo site. I chose SmugMug. It seems to be a great host site - lots of options and easy to work with. As soon as I feel its ready, I'll post the link to Barbed Heart Photography. Im also re-working my jewelry website, Barbed Heart Creations.
Keep checkin' in. Its a work in progress and granted Ive been a little slow outta' the gate but hey, at least I MADE IT OUT of the gate! That's something...right?
Have good'urn!
Rhonda


"Never ride faster than your

Guardian Angel can fly!"

No comments: