Friday, August 14, 2009

National Cowgirl Hall of Fame??? Who? Me???





No, not me silly! Wouldn't that be the coolest thing ever?!
But I got your attention didnt I?


The next best thing to being inducted into the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame (for me anyway) would be having the privilege to attend the annual inductee ceremony. And because of a dear dear friend and fellow Breast Cancer survivor, I will get to do just that, this October. I am so excited! My friend Mitzi (Anita as she is known to many) has invited me to go with her to this amazing event. If you arent familiar with the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame, you have to check it out. Its a huge deal. This, the 34th annual induction, our beautiful former First Lady Laura Bush will be among the honorees. She will be receiving the Gloria Lupton Tennison Pioneer Award. This years inductees are Deborah Copenhaver Fellow, Kay Wittaker Young, Mary Jane Colter and Cornelia "Ninia" Wadsworth Ritchie. The event is being held at the Will Rogers Memoria Center in Ft. Worth and I cant wait! Who knows, maybe I'll get to have a pic or two with some of the honorees! I am so grateful to my buddy Mitzi for thinking of me and asking me to join her. This is something near and dear to my heart and I am beside myself that she let me share this experience with her. I'll keep you posted and hopefully have to great pics to post!
Back later!
TGIF everybody!
Ro

No comments: