Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Givin' props to some GREAT new music - check out The Bird Dogs

So, last week I get an email from my old boss and good friend, Clay Powers. (from the good old days at Showco/Vari-Lite .)  He says he needs my mailing address. He's got somethin' he wants to share with me. My mind reels...what could Clay be sending me? What would be either so cool...or so suspect, that he would actually take the time to get an envelope out, stick a label on it, address it, post it and actually mail it? (you'd have to know Clay to know why this is big deal)  A couple of days later I get this package in the mail. Return address label says Charley's Guitar Shop Its the package from Clay.
Crap...Im almost scared to open it. ( again -.you'd have to know Clay to understand.) But finally I do and inside is a CD.  No note. No clue. No nuthin' - typical Clay ;-) Just a CD with this really cool cover. Its called "OUR HOPE" by The Bird Dogs.  Wow...let me just say that if you love and appreciate true Country/Americana music, if you are an avid fan of the Randy Rogers Band, Neil Young, etc.- you will love this!  CDBaby describes it as "Texas music meets Jerry Garcia and Neil Young. A unique country sound with steel, fiddle , three part harmony and wailing guitar." Oh yeah...what was the connection between this album and Clay??? He's one of the musicians. He plays quite few instruments but for this little jewel - he is this master of the Pedal Steel.  Awesome job! (By all the guys)  All the songs were written and sung by George Dunham. This album is special. Its comfortable. Its real.  Its the core of what this type of music is all about. Its my new favorite. Please- check this little gem out. You'll be glad you did. Trust me. 
 So Clay...if you're reading this: First, thank you for thinking of me and sending me this cd. I truly love it. Second, can you send me a few more copies? :-) and Third...when you guys are big famous recording artists I expect backstage passes! Congrats to all of you guys, sincerely. This cd is the real deal. And just because I KNOW how much you love to be in the spot light...Love you man!

 
















"Thank you and Good Night!"
Rhonda






No comments: